Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflection 11

From teaching my STL and from teaching the 6th graders I've noticed that I don't do a very good job at assessing if my students are learning. We defined assessment as the process of documenting knowledge, skills, attitudes, and beliefs. When I'm teaching guitar this is easy because I have them play the song they are learning with me, or I have them play it by themselves so I can see if how well they are learning it. I need to always be checking with the students to see if they are paying attention and if they are understanding what I'm teaching.
Definitions:
Student Achievement: Creating something or doing an action because of what they've learned.
Student Learning: Capturing, recognizing, or understanding a new concept or idea.
Evaluation: comparing and deciding the value of something. Systematic determination of merit, worth, and significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment