Monday, September 7, 2009

Reflection 1

One thing I didn't realize until I took this class and started reading "the First Day of School" was that it is okay for teachers to think of themselves as people whose profession's purpose is to change lives. There's no doubt that I remember my teachers as people who greatly influenced and directed my life, but I never really related that to the nature of their profession. Instead I related it more to them as people, even though changing lives is one of the main reasons I want to become a teacher. I guess I just thought that changing lives through teaching was a secret only I knew, not the common goal of all teachers. Now that I know that wanting to change lives is an okay goal to have, I will hopefully become a more effective teacher so that I can actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment