Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflection 3

"You touch a rock, you touch the past. you touch a flower, you touch the present. you touch a child, you touch the future."

Cool quote.

One thing I'd really like to learn to do better is teaching for multiple learning styles. I feel like I teach the way that I learn which is very visual, but I don't think I do a very good job teaching to the other types of learners. I especially feel my weakest area is in teaching the auditory group. I am not an auditory learner and so I may not teach in a way that helps those types of learners. I need to understand the way that they learn so that I can teach in a way that they will benefit from. I need to make sure that my learners participate in discussions, can always hear me, get one on one explanations whether from me or their peers, get asked questions during a lecture, and participate in activities such as role plays. This will help them stay attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment